Pages

Monday, June 11, 2007

Rodger Ward Jr. Article


I have met Rodger Ward Jr. many times. My grandma is close friends with him. He is the son of two time Indy 500 champ Rodger Sr. I can not remember anyone who looked at life with such an amazing point of view as he does. I am a pretty happy-go-lucky guy myself, and nothing really gets me upset, but Rodger's positive attitude is something amazing. I don't think he has ever had a bad day in his life. This article from the Hendricks County Flyer from May 23 I read, but didn't have the time to post about it. Rodger never really got into racing and following his dad's footsteps, but he felt the call of ministry and never looked back. I have heard him preach many times and not one time did I not laugh hysterically and at the same time take away an amazing and wonderful message from Christ through Rodger. At the end of this article there is a quote from Will Rogers that says, "If you find a job that you like, you will never work another day in your life." I think that is so true. If you are at a job where you feel like it's actually work and it doesn't delight you to go in every morning, then you should definitely think seriously about being there. Rodger is an amazing man and I am truly blessed to know him.
DSD
A couple HS all-star games this week. I know there are some local players out there playing, I just need to post about them.

No comments: