Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Gym Floors

SMU is getting a new floor in their gym reminiscent of older days with a new twist. Nice article on how things have changed. I imagine many floors will be made anew with the addition of the new 3-Point arc.



What is your favorite court of all time? I am partial to old school looking courts, like Indiana's but the lane needs to be filled with red. I also like to have the schools mascot as big as you can get it between the two 3-point lines. But, my all-time favorite court had to be Temple's. Those owl wings just intimidate me, or maybe it's the black inside the 3 point lane. I don't know but that had to be the coolest home court! I don't think it's still painted like that, but I definitely think they should bring it back. The picture is the only one I could find.


Locally, I really like South Putnam's Floor with the big eagle airbrushed pretty big. (oh by the way that is me in the picture on the left closest to the eagle) I like Cascade's because of the black painted lanes. Danville's doesn't have any volleyball lines on it, so I always thought they meant business on the court kind of like, volleyball season is over so let's play ball. New Castle's is simple but it has the cool wood. It's also the biggest high school gym in the U.S. Here's about it. I also like Eminence's gym floor because it has those real little boards in it I also am a big fan of DePauw University's floor. It is very old school but I am really drawn to the black 2 foot outlines around the court. It looks like the Pacers' court, only better. I am also in favor of the two toned stains that are being used in the a lot of the NBA arenas. I think it adds a nice touch.


Let me know what your favorite floor is.


Also, still on the Coach Hep loss, I read something on him that he one of his motto's was
"Have a Plan, Work the Plan, Plan for the Unexpected." I love this. You definitely need to have a plan in anything you do, and you mush carry that plan out, and while your plan is going on, there most certainly will be road blocks in it that you didn't account for that you must plan ahead for. Obviously, Hep's unexpected block was the fact that he happened to get brain cancer. But he planned for it because of the legacy that he left behind. I am sure that every one who came in contact knew Hep's plan and that plan was to touch as many lives as he could in the pursuit of living a Godly life and passing on the character traits to be a man of God. You can hear it in the voices and words of his former players of how much he meant to them.


In Hep's words, "Have a Plan, Work the Plan, Plan for the Unexpected."


Have a Great Weekend, I think we are going to be getting some much needed rain!!

DSD.

No comments: