Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Running Blog

I'm picking this up with 3 minutes to go in the first half. My player of the game so far is the Giants' kicker, Weatherford. His 3 punts have been stupendous.

Who would've thought New England's first play would have been a safety? I wonder what the odds on that would have been?

The Pats seem fairly out of sync so far. They can't really get in a groove.

Mr. Quiggly Skechers commercial was pretty funny. Cuban touch was nice.
Favorite commercial so far has to be the Doritos Dead Cat and the VW new bug commercial.

2:00 to go in the half - Pats driving and have completed 3 straight passes. Make that 4. How tall is Woodhead again? Can he get into the fetal position and fit inside Wilfork's stomach? I would say yes.

1:00 to go - 3rd and 4 from the G's 45 - Completed to Hernandez. How about that head wrap takedown by 54 of the Pats? I kept waiting for him to give JPP a noogie.

:28 to go now - Doritos' grandma baby slingshot: cute. What's the deal with all the alienfied films lately. Can we not make just normal films anymore?
"Justin Tuck's facemask is killer until he tries to put in his mouthpiece." Quoted by my brother, Tyler.

:18 to go - JPP with a heck of a play on Woodhead. Collinsworth just said he is not a "normal human being." I think people could say the same about him.

:08 to go - If you have all the time in the world anyone can make that pass. Nice drive. Just erased the safety they gave up early on.  Giants needed to add at least another score in the first half besides that first TD score.

:04 to go - great hit there by Fletcher. Wanna get known as a special teamer? Knock some heads on a kickoff.

Halftime - Can't wait to see the adjustments made by both teams in the second half. I'm not too excited about seeing Madonna perform. I'm just not a fan. I'm not really a Mellencamp fan, but I think he should have got the job because of his Indiana roots. (While in college at IUPUI, he had an art exhibit on display at the Herron School of Art that I wasn't too impressed with. He should probably have kept to writing music.) Hulu Plus commercial with the doctor's mini skullett at the very end was pretty funny-lookin.

Madonna - Over excessive Greek"pullers," How bout Pegasus' wings. I think she should have struck a pose  a little more. Guy dancers during the "Music" part stole the show from her. LMFAO just brought it down another notch. I don't even call what they do music. It's more like white noise. Wanna know why our kids have such a hard time spelling today? You just got the answer....LUV. Best part so far is the stage. That's pretty cool. Cee Lo was worrying about how he looked and if his costume was on ok. So....Madonna's home is beneath a stage? I'm confused. Nice touch with the World Peace except I don't think any of the songs were about world peace.  Kind of reminded me of Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality when she just throws that in there because its the thing to do to appease people.

Eastwood - tells it like it is. Finally, a commercial with a real message about real things and real life. Speaking of Eastwood in car movies, you should see Gran Torino. One of my favorite movies.

2nd Half starting - If the Pats keep rolling like the ended the half, it could turn quite quickly. Brady went 10 for 10 to end the half and he's up to 12 in a row now. Benjarvus Green-Ellis, The Law Firm and all the associates, used to run the ball for IU. If you would have told me that he would have been the starting RB in a Super Bowl, I would have probably slapped you in the face and walked away. I never would have thought that.

12:35 3rd - Pats rolling on 3rd and IN. First Down. Giants have to get pressure on Brady if they want to be successful tonight. Pats score. That looked way too easy. Were the Giants even out there on that drive? My brother, Nick, wondered why the Giants kick-off kicker can't kick off into the endzone for a touchback.

Xfinity commercial - I guess those houses had wifi, since they were on wheels?

11:00 3rd - Good run back. Wilfork kisses people? I don't believe it. No one can get that close. That gut is in the way.

7:28 - I thought Nicks was going to keep that one tucked in. Nice hit by Chung.

7:10 - Wasn't that 3rd and 10? Why only a 5 yard pass?

7:00 - Tynes - at least the Giants got on the board this time.

Fiat commercial - totally had me on that one!! The only problem is that no one would ever think that about a car that me and a couple of my buddies could pick up and move with our bare hands.

Pepsi Max commercial - Coca-Cola hasn't done anything to bring their ultimate competitor down in their ads so far. Why did you have to put another company down.

Oikos Greek Yogurt - Never heard of it. Nice commercial. I bet John Stamos will remember it though after that headache. Have Mercy! Ha. Full House reference.

6:26 - JPP down. Not a good sign for the G-Men.

5:50 - first sack of Brady. He's like Peyton. If you get to him, he's not nearly as good. I'd contribute the throw away and the sack to the secondary coverage.

Bridgestone - good stuff with the football and basketball commercials comparing their tire tread. Nick said it was cool they used Duncan and Nash as opposed to like Bron Bron and Black Mamba. I would have to agree on that.

4:00 - FUMBLE. Gotta keep your hands around the ball.

3:28 - Good seeing Jacobs run straight ahead for a first down.

:35 - Bradshaw horrible job of running on the one that Collinsworth pointed out. Giants needed a TD there. they need TDs over FGs in the red zone. How do the Giants not stop the 3 guys rushing. 5 on three there guys.

:32 - Deion Branch is the Pat's best receiver and you don't matchup with him? I'd like someone to explain this logic to me, because I'm missing it.

Beginning of 4th Qtr. - The stage is set. What is going to happen? I'm saying Giants will pull it out.

14:00 - INT by Blackburn 40 yards downfield. I can't believe he could run that far. Way underthrown by Brady.

13:50 - Fumble!!! Giants lucky there right after they just picked it off. Good start to the final quarter. Making it a little exciting.

Great CPR commercial by Hyundai. Wonder how much money Hyundai dropped on all these.

Here Wego - I could definitely insert this into my daily vocab. Actually, I do say it a lot in my classroom, although, a dog never brings me anything.

10:58 - Manning to Manningham. What a bullet! Nice encore from the pass before that to Cruz.

9:35 - Manningham ran right out of bounds. Perfect ball from Manning. You caught it in bounds and then stepped out. Giants are burning their timeouts like they've got 12 of them.

9:24 - HUGE NO CALL ON THE INTERFERENCE. I don't know how that wasn't called. I know it's easy to miss those in real time, but seriously. You have to get these right. Weatherford again pooches a nice kick.

5:00 - Giants can't make the stop on 3rd downs. Now the Pats are going to run some clock.

4:00 - Welker just missed a fair catch there. Collinsworth with the words of wisdom "Welker makes that catch 100 out of 100 times." Michaels with the nice jab, "That must have been the 101st time."

3:46 - 88 yards to score or 98 for a FG (to the back of the end zone posts). Manningham makes up for his run out early. Nice way to get his feet in. Belichick is challenging. Stripes make the correct call on this one.


2:00 Minute Warning - Giants definitely in FG range now. I'd keep trying to put it in the endzone leaving as little of time left on the clock.

NBC really working their series commercials now.

1:20 - Nicks should have stayed inbounds and kept the pressure on the Pats.

:57 - I think Bradshaw thought someone was going to hit him on the 2nd level there. NEXT QUESTION - WHERE IN THE WORLD WAS BRANDON JACOBS ON THE 2 POINT CONVERSION?

:56 - Pats ball - Giants escaped one here by Phillips tipping it.

:52 - Drop by Hernandez. Right in his hands. Brady put it right there. A pass isn't a pass unless it's caught.

:46 - Sack by Tuck. Must be the facemask. Pats out of TOs.

:32 - First down to Branch with :39 left. Another First Down.

:09 - 12 men on the field. Ran off time though.

:05 - Last play of the game. Hail Mary. And it's going to be............

:00 - Giants survive!!!! The game was fairly uneventful, yet drama-filled in it's own right.

Manning will get MVP, I imagine. I think it should go to Weatherford. He kept the Patriots making long drives by his punts. Who would have thought that Eli would have more Super Bowl wins than Peyton. It just goes to say that having a defense has it's benefits.

And that's that. I found this very refreshing and fun to do this as the game played out.










No comments: