Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Resolutions - Sugar Bowl - Local Games

So with today being the First day of the year, I would think that it's only natural to set some resolutions for 2008. I think that starting new again is definitely a good thing to do. People get in a rut and stay in that rut for a long time. New Year's brings a new year and a new start. It's a chance to start over, go about things a new way, or completely reconcile things that have been hindering you.

I know the lose weight thing is always on people's minds, but I have really seen me put on weight this past year and I think it's time for me to do something about it. I am going to try and take off 20 pounds this year. I know that it will take a lot of work, but I seriously need to do something about my weight. My first step is going to be to eat smaller portions at meals and drink lots of water, cutting out all pop, soda, cola, basically anything that you can also get in a can, or a fountain drink.

My second resolution may sound weird but I am going to Man-Up on some things that I need to. Basically, step up and do what needs to be done, and not wait until later. Nip it in the bud, per se, before things accumulate to something of greater stature. This will take going outside my comfort zone, but I know that it is going to show growth.

And finally, another resolution that I am going to work on; procrastination. I wait until the last minute to do things all the time. I have found that it's not worth it. Do as much work as I can before I need to do it. I lost a lot of sleep last semester, because of stupid choices that I made.

I know that these are going to be tough for me but, I know that I need to do these things to be successful. I also know that I may not accomplish all these every time, but that I need to continue to do my best and if I have a dropoff, I know that I just need to fight it off and get back on track.

What are your resolutions?

I am watching the Georgia vs Hawaii Sugar Bowl Game right now and Hawaii is down 24 to 3. I was looking for this to be a little closer. I was hoping for a Hawaii win. I felt they weren't getting enough credit this year, but they aren't looking very good right now, but the announcers keep saying that they have had a bunch of comebacks this year. UPDATE Fumble by Brennan, recovered by UGA. I went to Hawaii in the summer of 2006 and it was an amazing experience. If anyone is thinking of going there, head to the island of Kauai. It is so peaceful and beautiful. There isn't any big city things like in Honolulu. One of the coolest things that happened to my wife and I, was when we were walking on a sidewalk in a very small town and we turn towards the road to see what was on the other side of the road, and both lanes of traffic stop for us to cross. It was the weirdest thing. I mean where in the continuous states would that happen! People on the islands are so nice and would do anything for you. Our tour guide said that there is basically no crime on the island. How weird would it be for the news to not have anything related to crime in it. What would they talk about?



Some local HS games this week-

Hendricks County Tournament - Should be very competitive



Local College Games this week -

DePauw vs Sewanee - Jan. 4

DePauw vs Oglethorpe - Jan. 6

Wabash vs Allegheny - Jan. 4

Wabash vs Hiram - Jan. 5

Marian vs Spring Arbor - Jan. 5

Rose-Hulman vs Translyvania - Jan. 5

Valpo at Butler - Jan. 5

No comments: