Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Future of the Pacers and IBCA Coaches Clinic

I particularly don't watch much pro basketball, but I do catch a Pacers game every now and then. I can't really decide what I want to happen to the Pacers. So, what I am going to talk about is the fact that no matter what everyone else is saying and complaining about, they are still playing and trying to win games. To me that shows that they want to continue the winning ways of the organization and that they don't want to "tank" the rest of the season. In April, they have gone 4-3, which doesn't sound like much but they have doubled the win total from March when they went 2-14. I think that is definitely a bright thing. Also, they might get in the playoffs with an 8th seed. I think every program goes through its tough times, but there is always light at the end the tunnel and the Pacers are making the right moves. I don't think a franchise has been through more in a three year span than the Pacers have.

I am getting fired up to go the IBCA Coach Clinic. Rick Majerus will be speaking about his 4 out 1 in motion offense. Don Meyer, the 5th all-time winningest coach in college history, Northern State University, will speak about "The best things he has seen in basketball." Steve Ridder of Embry Riddle University will speak about "building a special program." Sharon Versyp, Purdue University womens' coach, will also speak. And many, many high school coaches will also speak, demonstrate, and share their knowledge on the wonderful game of basketball.

Every year this clinic has some of the best coaches and continues to be the world's largest basketball coaches association.

Drop a note.

No comments: