Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Planning to Prepare

Everyday I get an leadership quote in an email from Giant Impact.com. Today's email consisted of the quote -
"Chance favors the prepared mind." by Louis Pasteur
This quote happened to come at a great time for me. Today, we have a game. One of our starters has been sick for 4 days. He did come to school today. Another starter has been sick for a couple of days and he didn't come to school today. Another starter, was in the nurse's office during school today throwing up. I have heard that one of the better second team's players wasn't at school either today. This is not boding well for us. But at the same time, I feel that once I came to terms with the usual starters not being available that mentally I have been prepared for playing without them. No it might not end up being the exact product of what was expected, but I think I have a plan for it and hopefully chance falls on our side. We'll have to shuffle things around a little and it's good that our JV doesn't have a game tonight so that some of the them get an opportunity to contribute in some varsity action. I have heard a boxing quote before that states, "Everyone has a plan until they get hit."
I struggle with looking ahead and tend to focus on the exact moment at hand. I do lack a little of forward thinking, but I think I'm getting better at it.
Improve Daily.

No comments: