Pages

Friday, March 28, 2008

Trace Adkins Should Have Won Celebrity Apprentice, because he Played the Right Way

As I sit back and think about having kids Play the Right Way, (see Coach Finamore's blog in the Blogroll) I find myself at a loss. While flipping between Celebrity Apprentice and the NCAA games, found myself rooting for country music singer Trace Adkins. Trace played the game the right way, he always did the right thing and in the end a pompous jerk beat him. When "The" Donald asked all the other contestants who they wanted to win, it was about a 95% nod to Trace. The thing that makes me the maddest is the fact that Trump didn't see the good in Trace and awarded all the charity money to Piers' charity. Please hear me out in this, Piers' charity is amazing and what he is doing is great and I thoroughly appreciate all that the troops have done for me, everytime I see someone in uniform, I try to thank them for all they do, but Trace is fighting for money for his own daughter. He has to live with the fact that his daughter, who lives in his house, has a food allergy. I can't imagine not being able to eat anything I want.


Trace always conducts himself in a manner that is soft-spoken. He never puts anyone down, and he always chooses to see the positive in any situation. You never see him get mad, he just simply takes what he was given, thinks of a reaction to the problem and goes with it. He never bickers, never complains, never name-calls. What more did he have to do to show that he is an amazing individual? I am disappointed that Trump selected Piers, because the message that he sent is that well... you better act like Piers or you're not going to be rewarded with anything. And I know that the reward that Trace will receive at the end of his life, will be a lot better than what Piers will be getting. I just can't stand the way that Piers treats people and when someone stands up to him, Piers has no problem bringing them down even more to eventually put himself higher. I don't like the fact that the world will see that Piers got all this money for being a jerk and Trace got a number one single because, in Trump's eyes, Trump did that because of his show, if you know what I mean. When the world stops living by money alone, will the world start living? So the question is, Does playing the right way benefit or hurt you? You better bet that it is going to benefit you. The benefits might not come at once, but eventually they will. Have a good day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this - the overwhelming majority of people all day today over the radio and TV have said the same thing - Trace got ripped ! At least he walks away with dignity and self respect while Piers Morgan cant get what he has never had in the first place and never will

Mike Barer said...

I liked Trace too. However you may want to read the entry on him in the wikipedia. It paints a different picture of him